By Bluesky Admin on Oct 10, 2018 3:25:08 PM
Each year, the American Staffing Association hosts Staffing World, an annual conference that brings together some of the biggest names in the industry to providing innovative new strategies and information for attendees. This year, Staffing World will take place from Oct. 16-18 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
BlueSky Medical Staffing Software will be in attendance, and you can come visit us at Booth #636 on the main conference floor. Let's take a quick look at what else is in store for this year's event.
The American Staffing Association has lined up a number of world-class keynote speakers, including industry experts, consultants and authors with rich expertise. This includes:
- Jeremy Gutsche, CEO of TrendHunter.com, who will discuss the best strategies for innovating to capture new business opportunities. Gutsche, an expert in disruption and a New York Times best-selling author, noted that the current business world is seeing some of the highest rates of advancements and disruptions to date, and that organizations who don't adapt risk falling behind.
- Molly Fletcher, business consultant and author. Fletcher will discuss some of the approaches that successful negotiators use, and how these can fit into staffing, recruitment and overall workforce strategy.
"It's all about building relationships and connecting with people, not just communicating. You want to put yourself in the heads and the hearts of the people you are dealing with so you can learn how you can add value," Fletcher said. "The relationships you build are what drive performance, but that doesn't just happen. You have to be intentional about nurturing the relationships and committing to the long haul."
- Anders Sorman-Nilsson, founder and creative director of strategy think tank Thinque, will present tips for leveraging digital disruptors alongside more traditional staffing elements. He'll also explain the "Digilogue," which encompasses both digital advancements and analogue strategies to support the best overall results.
- Mel Robbins, author, entrepreneur, business consultant and human behavior specialist, will talk about how staffing firms can transform their sales strategy and better support clients throughout their staffing journey.
Healthcare Staffing Sessions
The conference will also include a number of breakout sessions over the three days, covering topics like:
- Industry trends driving staffing growth.
- Staffing sales strategy and execution.
- Addressing talent shortages and skill gaps.
- Identifying and addressing pay discrimination.
- Recruitment through social networks.
- Strategies for supporting digital candidate interviews.
- Growth strategies for workforce solution providers.
- Best practices for background screenings.
- How language can impact recruitment, placement and overall staffing.
- Inclusion for individuals with disabilities.
- Innovative staffing technologies.
- Building a new hire training program.
- Gamification and other Millennial staffing tools.
- Talent retention in a competitive marketplace.
- And more!
This year's Staffing World conference has much to offer attendees. Don't forget to stop by Booth #636 to learn how an industry-leading VMS can help your staffing agency become its own managed service provider. Looking forward to seeing you there!